There is absolutely no excuse for reckless behavior that forever alters an innocent victim’s way of life. Whether you were in the car or just walking down the stairs at the mall, a negligent party may have already put you in harm’s way in before you even knew what was happening.
Fortunately, Georgia law may allow you to face your offender and bring them to justice through our legal system. If the negligent party is found to be liable for your brain injury, they may be required to compensate you for your losses.
Here at Ghai Law Firm, we know how serious and life-altering brain injuries can be. A Kennesaw brain injury lawyer from our firm may be able to handle your case while you focus on your treatment. If you put your trust in our services, our firm will fight to recover what you have lost so far and protect your future.
To get started, we would love to start gathering more information about your case as soon as possible. During your free consultation, a Ghai Law Firm team member will be happy to help answer any questions you may have about the legal road in front of you. Contact our firm today at (770) 792-1000 to learn more.
The Effects of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Depending on their severity, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can have a wide range of effects. Patients may experience:
- Pain and headache
- Issues with sleeping
- Changes to their senses, including vision, hearing, taste, and smell
- Difficulty focusing on or remembering things
- Unstable moods
- And more
If you have been involved in an accident and believe you have a brain injury, you should receive an examination from a doctor immediately. A doctor can evaluate your injuries, provide you with a diagnosis, and begin treatment. Treatment may include rest, medication, surgery, or other interventions, depending on the type and extent of your injuries.
In addition, a doctor’s visit can create a link in your medical record between the accident and your injuries that may be used as evidence in your personal injury case.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Kennesaw, call (770) 792-1000
Causes of Brain Injuries That May Result in Legal Action
Brain injuries are a common outcome of accidents. In 2016, the Georgia Department of Public Health reported nearly 28,000 TBIs state-wide, resulting in over 20,000 visits to the emergency room and over 7,300 hospital admissions. While many TBIs occur through unavoidable accidents, others result from malicious, ignorant, or negligent behavior. These types of injuries way warrant a personal injury lawsuit.
Some common causes of brain injuries that may support legal action include:
- Slip and falls: if a negligent property owner leaves a hazard out, like a cracked tile on the floor of a grocery store, a guest may slip, fall, and injure their head.
- Motor vehicle accidents: the violent impact of a car accident can cause significant brain injury. Negligent drivers who cause these accidents may be liable for the victim’s damages.
- Defective products: a product manufacturer may be liable for the injuries their defective products cause.
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused your brain injury in any circumstances, Ghai Law Firm may be able to help you. A Kennesaw brain injury lawyer from our firm can investigate your case, determine who is liable for your injuries, and build a case against them when we represent you.
To learn more about your legal options, contact a Ghai Law Firm team member today for your free consultation at (770) 792-1000.
Kennesaw Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (770) 792-1000
Recoverable Damages in a Brain Injury Case
If we are able to prove the other party’s liability for your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation for damages such as:
- Medical bills, including rehabilitation services
- Disability accommodations
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Decreased earning capacity
- And more
Not to be ignored, your physical and mental hardships, such as pain and suffering, may also be reflected in any potential settlements. Ghai Law Firm can gather evidence of the value of all of your damages when we represent you, including testimony from medical experts about your future costs of care.
A Legal Time Limit for Brain Injury Cases
Victims in Georgia have a specific allotted timeframe to file lawsuits. As described in O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33, there is a general two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits, starting the day the injury occurred. Some circumstances, such as suing a government agency, could alter your deadlines and require you to act even sooner.
If you wait too long and let the time limits in your case run out, your lawsuit may be dismissed, and you may be unable to recover compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Brain Injury Lawyers Fighting for Your Future
If you decide to retain a Kennesaw brain injury lawyer from Ghai Law Firm, we can:
- Answer your questions, discuss your options, and help design a legal strategy for your case
- Manage the communications, deadlines, and paperwork on your behalf
- Keep you posted on the progress of your case so you can focus on your recovery
- Collect evidence of the responsible party’s liability and the extent of your damages
- File your claim and engage in settlement negotiations with the responsible party’s insurance company
- Take your case to trial, if necessary
- Defend your rights every step of the way
Ghai Law Firm will not back down from a fight, and we prepared to take on any party liable for your injuries.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Ghai Law Firm today at (770) 792-1000. We handle many cases on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payment required.