Dealing with the aftermath of a spinal injury can be an unimaginable challenge for most people. Fortunately, if you have suffered a serious injury like this after an accident you did not cause, you may be protected. Georgia law allows innocent injury victims to pursue damages related to economic and non-economic suffering in a personal injury lawsuit.
If you decide to take legal action against the negligent party who injured you, you may have a lot of emotions going through your mind. A Kennesaw spinal cord injury lawyer from Ghai Law Firm can handle all aspects of your case and give you space to recover when we represent you.
Among our legal services, our firm can investigate your accident to gather fact-based evidence in your defense. If we cannot reach a settlement beforehand, we can represent your case to trial.
Ultimately, we hope our services can help you rest easier at night. If you have any questions, a Ghai Law Firm team member will be happy to assist you during a free consultation. To get started, contact us today at (770) 792-1000.
A Brief Overview of Spinal Cord Injuries in Georgia
The Georgia Brain and Spinal Injury Trust Fund Commission (BSITFC) reports that there were 570 people hospitalized for spinal cord injuries (SCI) in Georgia in 2018. The BSITFC also reports that there are around 11,000 new cases of SCI in the U.S. annually, with somewhere between 250,000 and 400,000 patients currently living with an SCI or spinal dysfunction nationwide.
The spinal nerves are a part of the body’s nervous system. As such, they facilitate communication between the body and the brain, ultimately governing numerous important bodily functions.
When you are subjected to an SCI, the region surrounding the cord, nerves, and canal may be damaged. Depending on the severity of the injury, the physical limitations of an SCI can either last for a short time or become irreversible.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Kennesaw, call (770) 792-1000
Negligent Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries May Be Actionable
Data from the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center shows that from the early 1970s to 2015, the most common causes of SCIs in the U.S. include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: 39.3% of cases.
- Falls: 31.8% of cases.
- Gunshot wounds (and other forms of violence): 13.5% of cases.
- Sports: 8.0% of cases.
- Medical causes: 4.1% of cases.
- Other: 3.1% of cases.
Sometimes, these causes are related to a negligent act. This may occur in:
- A car accident caused by a driver who violated a traffic law
- A slip and fall accident where the owner of a property left a hazard out that harmed a guest
- A medical malpractice accident
- A product liability accident
In cases like these, the victim may be able to recover compensation for their damages in a personal injury or medical malpractice lawsuit.
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused your SPI, Ghai Law Firm may be able to help build your case for compensation. Contact a Ghai Law Firm representative today at (770) 792-1000 for a free, no-obligation consultation on your case.
Kennesaw Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (770) 792-1000
Damages You May Be Able to Recover
Due to the potentially life-altering effects of spine injuries, there are several damages you may be entitled to in this type of case, including:
- Medical expenses, potentially covering previous costs during your initial treatment and extending to any necessary care needed in the future
- Accommodations to assist with any mobility issues, such as specialized vehicles and medical devices
- Lost wages and reduced earning capability
- Loss of ambition and psychological harm
- Physical pain and suffering, including the bodily pain you have had to endure and the impact of the limitations you may be facing
- And more
You may be dealing with a significant amount of physical and mental trauma after a spinal cord injury. If you decide to retain a Kennesaw spinal cord injury lawyer from Ghai Law Firm, we will work to document proof of your various losses. To help assign a monetary value to your overall suffering, we may be able to call upon resources including:
- Mental health professionals
- Victims, to give impact statements
- Medical experts
- Industry professionals from your former profession
- Legal precedents from similar cases
- Medical evidence regarding the physical pain you have endured
- And more
Working With Ghai Law Firm on Your Case
A Kennesaw spinal cord injury lawyer from Ghai Law Firm can take over your case from day one. This can allow our firm to:
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Provide you with legal advice and discuss possible outcomes of your case
- Identify the liable party
- Gather evidence to demonstrate their liability and the value of your damages
- Negotiate with their insurance company for a settlement
- Take your case to trial if they are unwilling to make you a fair offer
- Conduct your case according to all applicable Georgia personal injury law
- Manage all legal deadlines and paperwork
During this time, our firm will also be available to answer your questions and provide you with updates on your case so that you can focus your time and energy on your rehabilitation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Ghai Law Firm Today
You do not need to face the party responsible for your injuries alone. When you retain a Kennesaw spinal cord injury lawyer from Ghai Law Firm, we are prepared to defend your rights no matter how challenging your case.
We represent clients on a contingency-fee basis. This means we do not collect fees for our labor unless and until we help our clients recover a settlement offer or court award. Nothing is due upfront.
To start your free consultation today, contact a representative of Ghai Law Firm at (770) 792-1000.