According to research from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), nearly 2,000 victims were killed in truck accidents on Georgia roadways between 2006 and 2016. Many more suffered substantial injuries and financial losses, as well as intangible losses, like mental anguish. If you have suffered harm in a negligent truck accident, you may be eligible to recover damages for your losses.
Some victims get a sense of comfort knowing there is a Marietta truck accident lawyer in their corner. If you retain legal services from Ghai Law Firm, you can rest easy knowing a legal team is working on your case while you continue focusing on your recovery. Here at Ghai Law Firm, we have spent the last 25 years working on personal injury cases of all types. Along the way, we have represented truck accident victims throughout Georgia.
If you have fallen victim to an injustice, we can be there to help fight for your future. You do not have to feel alone during a time like this. Tell us about your case so we can help you better understand your legal options moving forward. To get started with a free consultation, contact a Ghai Law Firm representative at (770) 792-1000.
Services We Offer to Marietta Truck Accident Victims
Truck accident cases can involve several parties and factors, including large corporations, in-house legal teams, and difficult investigations. Ghai Law Firm can be ready for whatever your case has to offer. In addition to providing general legal counsel, our law firm prides itself on being able to assist you in a variety of ways, to include:
- Cataloging proof of your losses to help assign an accurate value to your case.
- Representing your case during any civil litigation proceedings.
- Documenting evidence to reveal the liability party.
- Providing legal advice regarding relevant local, state, and federal laws.
- Bringing in third-party experts to review your case and testify about their findings, including economists and accident reconstruction experts.
- Acting as an intermediary between you and any other parties involved in your case.
- Assisting with the negotiation of any potential settlements.
- Dealing with insurance companies, while also reviewing any relevant policy clauses.
To learn more about how a Marietta truck accident lawyer can help fight for your right to compensation, contact a Ghai Law Firm representative today at (770) 792-1000 for your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Marietta, call (770) 792-1000
The Root Causes of Truck Accidents
According to research from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 72% of individuals killed in large truck accidents in 2017 were occupants of other vehicles. In the State of Georgia alone, these accidents resulted in 225 fatalities that year. Ultimately, when these powerful vehicles are not under careful control, the results are often devastating.
A study by the FMCSA reviewed the actions of 78,000 truckers involved in accidents that caused injuries or fatalities. The data showed that the truck driver was the root cause in 87% of cases. Further contributing factors included:
- Negligent decisions, causing 38% of accidents.
- Distracted driving, causing 28% of accidents.
- Sleep or illness that led to unconsciousness, causing 12% of accidents.
- Mechanical failure, causing 10% of accidents.
- Sudden mistakes on the roadway, causing 9% of accidents.
- Environmental hazards, causing 3% of accidents.
Marietta Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (770) 792-1000
Recoverable Damages in Marietta Truck Accident Cases
Although every truck accident brings unique challenges, you should be eligible to recover the various losses you have sustained. The types of recoverable damages allowed under Georgia law include:
- Economic damages. These cover financial hardships you have endured, including property damage, medical costs, and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages. These encompass aspects of your non-tangible suffering, which may include mental anguish, impacts on your personal life, loss of consortium, the physical pain you have endured, and permanent disfigurements.
- Punitive damages. These are designed to punish offenders who display egregious negligence, malice, or disregard for the safety of others. The courts rarely award punitive damages, unless you can prove that the at-fault party was acting with malice.
Considering that roughly 50% of large truck accidents involved collisions with a passenger vehicle, according to the FMCSA, these cases often involve substantial losses. As such, it is not uncommon for victims to be eligible for numerous forms of compensation.
Marietta Truck Accident Lawyers Fighting for Your Rights
Here at the Ghai Law Firm, we have seen the kind of heartache these senseless accidents can cause in our communities. If you decide to retain a truck accident lawyer from our team, we will fight to bring the at-fault party to justice. You deserve to get your life back after a negligent driver causes you harm. Our firm will do everything in our power to support you in the pursuit of compensation.
Note that if you plan on filing a personal injury lawsuit in any capacity, you need to understand that O.C.G.A § 9-3-33 details a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. If you wish to bring a lawsuit against the City of Marietta for your pain and suffering, O.C.G.A. § 36-33-5 assigns a six-month statute of limitations beginning on the day of the accident.
We want you to be able to get the most out of our legal system. That is why Ghai Law Firm will actively work to keep you updated on any upcoming deadlines, statutes, and guidelines that may affect your case.
For more information about the laws surrounding truck accident cases in Marietta and how they may apply to you, contact a team member at Ghai Law Firm today at (770) 792-1000 to receive your free consultation.