Many car accidents in Smyrna are avoidable if drivers simply do their part to keep our roadways safe. When these unfortunate accidents do happen and leave behind injuries and damages, the offender needs to be held accountable for their negligent actions.
Here at Ghai Law Firm, we want you to know that you do not have to face your legal battle alone. With a Smyrna car accident lawyer in your corner, you can put your energy toward recovering from your injuries while we handle your case. Our firm provides legal services to match your needs, allowing you to be as involved as you want while we move forward. If it brings you peace of mind, you can sit back while we gather evidence, build a case, and fight for your right to compensation.
We will not stand by as members of our community face injustice, and we will not back down from a challenge. To get started with your free consultation today, contact a representative at the Ghai Law Firm at (770) 792-1000.
Damages Available in a Smyrna Car Accident
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident you did not cause, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses, including:
- Economic damages for any financial losses you may have faced following the accident, as well as challenges you will encounter moving forward.
- Non-economic damages to compensate you for the mental, physical, and personal losses you have endured.
- Punitive damages, which courts may award to punish the liable party for incidents of extreme negligence, thereby dissuading other potential offenders.
Understanding How Punitive Damages Work in Smyrna
Most accident victims will not be able to recover punitive damages. Instead, the courts reserve punitive damages as punishment for extreme offenders. In order to be eligible for punitive damages after a car accident, law O.C.G.A. § 51-12-5.1 dictates that the offender must have displayed willful misconduct or malice.
It is up to the presiding judge or jury to determine when to award these damages in egregious cases. While retaining an attorney will not ensure your eligibility for punitive damages, your lawyer can work to present evidence of the offender’s wrongdoing. In doing so, the truth behind your accident may speak for itself.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Smyrna, call (770) 792-1000
Types of Negligence Displayed in Cobb County Car Accidents
Negligent driving causes road users pain and suffering in the Smyrna area every year. According to data from the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, there were over 35,000 crashes on Cobb County roadways in 2017, resulting in approximately 540 serious injuries, including fatalities.
It is likely that drivers could have avoided the majority of these fatal accidents could by following safer driving practices. The data shows that alcohol was involved in at least 15 of these fatalities, while speeding contributed to at least 13 deaths.
Other common causes of negligent car accidents include:
- Falling asleep at the wheel or driving while drowsy.
- Becoming distracted while driving, through actions like eating, using cell phones, talking to passengers, or daydreaming behind the wheel.
- Mechanical failure.
- Driving too fast for weather conditions.
- Aggressive driving, including tailgating and attempting to make illegal passes.
- Inexperienced drivers.
Smyrna Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (770) 792-1000
Services We Offer to Car Accident Victims at Ghai Law Firm
Ultimately, the team at Ghai Law Firm hopes to make your life easier by taking over most of the responsibilities in your car accident case. If we decide to work together, our firm will gladly represent your case by serving all your needs in the field of personal injury law, including:
- Working on settlement negotiations.
- Gathering documentation of your pain and suffering to help assign a value to your case.
- Communicating with insurance providers, in addition to reviewing and making determinations on the validity of policy stipulations.
- Acting as a bridge between you and the accused party.
- Representing your affairs during any litigation proceedings, including hearings and trials.
- Providing evidence to meet the burden of proof.
- Cataloging evidence to show liability.
- Advising you on any relevant legal statutes.
- Calling upon expert witnesses to review evidence in your case and present their findings and professional opinions.
If you need legal counsel after an accident, we can offer a free, no-risk consultation to get you started. Even if you think you may be partially to blame for your accident, a Smyrna car accident lawyer at Ghai Law Firm may be able to help with your case. To receive a free review of your car accident case, contact one of our team members today at (770) 792-1000.
Click to contact our Smyrna Personal Injury Lawyers today
Smyrna Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Fight for Your Rights
If you decide to retain a Smyrna car accident lawyer with Ghai Law Firm, we will carefully examine your case to determine your legal options. We will only act on your behalf after discussing the circumstances surrounding your proceedings. By keeping you updated on your case’s progress, we hope you can peace of mind moving forward.
Before you decide whether you want to take legal action or not, you should make sure you are giving yourself ample time to file a claim under Georgia law. In accordance with O.C.G.A § 9-3-33, victims must file personal injury claims within two years of the date of the accident. If you wait too long and file after the statute of limitations has expired, you may lose your eligibility for compensation.
A team member at Ghai Law Firm will be happy to answer any questions you may have during the initial review of your case. To learn more, contact us today to receive your free consultation at (770) 792-1000.
Call or text (770) 792-1000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form